Patsy Cline and Anita Bryant...

I really enjoy these two fine lady singers. I'm not really a huge fan of female vocals to be honest , but there's something about their music perhaps and vocal style that makes me want to listen more. I always felt that these two women had voices that were remarkably alike.  They both sing in the Contralto range which is much more pleasing to the ear.  I hear a lot of Patsy Cline's style in Anita Bryant and vice versa. To me they were essentially Pop singers who sang Country flavored music. That perhaps made them stand out in their Era, but wouldn't so much today. I always  seem to be in the mood for Anita Bryant and Patsy Cline. I find their voices very soothing, with  just the right of emotion and inflection without over doing it. Patsy Cline is more well known than Anita, but largely because she died in a plane crash at the age of 30. Had she not died so young, she wouldn't really have the "legendary" status she has today. Remembering that her career was only 6 years long, and she really wasn't a big Star while she was alive.

 I find quite a bit of both of these gals' LP's  in my local thrift stores. I get pretty excited when I find Anita Bryant records in particular, because she recorded a wealth of material that you can't hear anywhere today- even on Oldies stations. In my honest opinion, she was actually vocally superior to Patsy Cline, who most people worship and idolize  as one of the greatest female vocalists. But Anita doesn't get the credit she deserves. She was also considerably prettier than Cline.  Here's an example of their vocal prowess:



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians