Songwriters Night !

Last night I played Singer-Songwriter showcase at The Camel here in Richmond . It was one of the most enjoyable shows I have been too in a long time. I could sit and listen for hours at all the talented singer-songwriters playing last night. Its just my kind of music. I think some of them have obviously been performing for quite some time. All of them were good, but the one that stood out to me the most was a man that played a song called "Western Civilization Blues". It was so poignant and well played. I enjoyed this because I felt the show wasn't over kill. I just did about 25 minutes of all my best and most popular numbers. I got to sing to tracks as well- and it sounded swell in that superb sound system that they have.

But really listening to other songwriters (particularly local) is obviously the kind of show I want to go see - and something I need to do more often. Because I often feel most inspired by these types of performances. There is something wistful about it. They can take you to another place. It makes me feel as if I'm watching one of my favorite episodes of Mama's Family. Its so much better than that jungle jive I hear blasted from people's automobiles at all hours of the night. I'm so glad I went . I haven't performed at The Camel in over two years, and it was so wonderful to be back. I have a slew of shows the month of October. Here are some. Please come if you're close!

October Shows:
Friday October 3rd
First Fridays Leesburg
Blue Mountain Cafe
26 S King St Leesburg, VA 7-9 PM

Saturday, October 4th
West End Farmer's Market
 12496 Gayton Rd, Richmond, VA
9-11:15 AM

Sunday, October 5th
Ocassion For The Arts
Center City Stage Duke Of Gloucester St
Williamsburg, VA
4-5 PM

Saturday, October 11th
Smithfield Farmers Market
319 Main St, Smithfield, VA 
9 AM-1 PM

Friday, October 17th
Market Street Coffee
1020 E. Main St Purcellville, VA
7-9 PM

Saturday, October 18th
Middleburg Community Market
300 W. Washington St Middleburg, VA
9-12 Noon

Saturday, October 25th
Ashland Farmers Market
121 Thompson St Ashland, VA
9AM- 12 Noon
 
And More , Y'all stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians