Summer 2014 Review




 Above : Virginia Beach !

As Summer is now coming to an end, I am looking back at how lackluster it was for me, but with a great feeling of joy in my heart. How is that possible? Well because usually I feel let down when I don't get to play out much, but  I have been so busy working on newer songs and learning to play: the guitar! Yes. So I know about 4 chords (and the truth) on my acoustic, and that is something that I've always wanted to improve and I'm doing it. Now I have played the guitar before, but I never learned to to play it the conventional way, and I want to learn it so I can sing my Folk songs when I have no use of electricity. I will never be a superb guitar player, but all I want is a nice strum so I can accompany myself when the occasion arises!

Okay, now how about this past summer? Well I did get to sing a the Durham Farmer's Market which was a lovely weekend trip. I didn't really need to stay over night,  for the 2 hour drive from Richmond is nothing difficult, but I decided to make a weekend of it, so I added in The Open Eye Cafe in Carrboro, near by. Now Carrboro , NC is a very left wing progressive little town, but I managed to not get myself killed there, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was super hot that weekend. But I have video of that online. I didn't do much travelling other than that. The Meadow Street Band and myself had several gigs- we are regulars at Aunt Sarah's Pancake House. But our Memphis trip was postpone due to financial constraints. And I have never seen Graceland! Oh, well someday.Elvis was always one of my heroes. I played a sling of familiar coffee shops- St Elmo's in Alexandria, Borjo Coffee in Norfolk, The  Muse in Lynchburg,  and the Mudhouse in Crozet. I also did Irvington Farmer's Market in Irvington. I got to perform at the Watermelon Festival in Carytown of Richmond again, the Mathews Market Days in Mathews. But with limited funds, I still don't play out that much. I can reach just as many folks through the miracle of recording and You Tube. Where would we be with out it?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians