Gettin' In Shape !


I'm really trying to watch my weight. Now that I turned 35 years old this year, I am finally am an adult and ready to take on responsibility. One of the reasons I need to get rid of extra flab is because I just sweat so much. Even when I am lighter, I just sweat like a hog in a butcher shop! Setting up equipment, hauling in my keyboard (Bessie is no light feather), general anxiety,  and then I tend to wiggle my fanny around during performances. This all adds up to a very sweaty Meade Skelton! It gets so uncomfortable. The extra weight doesn't help keep me dry.

But I think its partly because I would sweat even if I were a thin person. So losing some extra weight does help. I do put on a lot of water weight in the winter. Mostly when I go on my cookie binge. But through trial and error, I have learned my "trigger foods". That includes cookies (of all kinds), cakes, pies, donuts, and yes, sweet tea. I do weight liftin' 3x a week and I run, bike, and walk my way to health. I think I am healthy otherwise. But I think losing weight will help me stay around longer for all those people out there who need me. I also avoid drinking caffeine before shows. Caffeine makes me jittery and my  vocal chords do not want to cooperate on those high notes. Before shows I try to gargle with salt water and I am allowed to have regular  water or something to drink. But nothing with carbonation. Nothing more repulsive than belching my way through the tunes. I think it helps me keeps my fingers more in rhythm. One night I had 2 cups of coffee, a brownie, and a glass of sweet tea and I went through my first set list in about 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians