Why I'm glad I'm not Famous....

I have seen the cost of fame in many people in the entertainment world. I find that it's not worth it.  As a non-famous person, I can live my life in solitude. I can go out in public and no one bothers me. No one  has to know who I am, where I am, or what I am doing.  I have freedom. I'm not bound by pressures of the outside world.   Years ago, I wanted fame badly. But only to prove myself to those that were mean to me in my schooling days. Those days are long gone, and many of my enemies then have long forgotten me already. Even if I became a "Star", many of them would either not know, or not care. Most people are  too consumed with the goings on of their own lives and too busy to notice or keep track of how others did in their graduating class , especially after 20 years or more have passed.

The expression "What price glory?" often refers to what people give up when they pursue fame. If they make it, they find out it's not what they thought it would be. All their life problems in some ways can be magnified. If they don't make it (or don't reach their intended goals), they often feel they wasted much of their lives , living a selfish life, pursuing empty goals . They talk often about their "dreams". It's important to have a dream. But you must be flexible, and let those dreams morph over time. If you don't , you will never have any peace in life. What I have come to figure out also, is that there really are no guarantees in life- except  for , as they say, "death and taxes". Fame is fleeting. Very few stay at the top very long, and those that do stay there, often have to sacrifice something of themselves which they may never get back: their souls. I prefer to live my life day to day, and let God be in control. I will never stop doing music or entertainment, but I will also not be shooting for  Stardom. The only Stars are the ones in the sky, the ones that God created!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians