Throw Back Thursday: Nashville Trip 2012

For "Throw back" Thursday , I want to discuss the most spectacular trip I ever had to Nashville.  In July of 2012, I went to Nashville , this time with the Meadow Street band.  I had been to Nashville three times before this occasion , but going with the band made it more exciting and official. We had a heap of fun!  We made a stop in  Johnson City , TN along the way to perform at Acoustic Coffeehouse. Then we drove through the night to arrive at our stay at the Opryland Hotel and convention Center. We got to take a tour of the famous Studio B, and got to record a few tunes there. I got to play the famous Steinway piano (the same piano that was touched by Elvis , Floyd Cramer, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many other legends!). We sang at the Nashville Convention Center, had free tickets to the Grand 'ol opry, and got to sing a little accapella at the Ryman Auditorium. I'm including some pictures of that wonderful trip. I have been to Nashville by myself a few times, but this was the most enjoyable.

                                       Playing the Steinway Piano at Studio B

            Singing At the Nashville Convention Center Downtown




       We did a short accapella version of "Love is a Rose" at the Ryman





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Finale Talent Show down at The Tin Pan...

Ned Hepburn: Meade Skelton’s ‘Hipsters Ruin Everything’ may be hipster anthem we’ve all been waiting for

Advice for Young Musicians